“With the introduction and acceptance of the newly adapted SDI over IP standards, including SMPTE ST-2022-6/7 and ST-2110, the broadcast industry is embarking on a path equal in importance and as challenging as the migration from Analog to Digital back in the 90’s.
Broadcasters will need to replace the inherently native SDI based hardware and infrastructure with an “All IP” infrastructure to include high-bandwidth Network Switches; devices which have SDI over IP inputs and outputs; and gateways that will bridge and allow connections to legacy equipment.
Along with the migration challenge, however, comes a huge advantage which is the ability to implement devices using COTS hardware and software solutions, yielding long-term cost savings and speed/flexibility/agility in addressing changing industry requirements.
Multiviewers are a significant building block in all production, post production, and delivery applications, and as such need to address the new SDI over IP standards and provide a suitable solution which incorporates all the features the industry relies on such as low latency, Tally/UMD/Control support, fixable Layout/Tile editing and more.
The MCL-9200, part of TAG’s MCM-9000 platform, is a unique “all IP” software-based solution which is optimized for production and post production applications and environments. It decodes, analyzes and displays uncompressed SMPTE ST-2022-6/7 and ST-2110 SDI over IP signals and features UHD mosaic output for Multiviewer displays.
The MCL-9200’s extremely low 2-frame latency, combined with IP Networking/Content analysis, fault detection, Tally/UMD support, alarms, and comprehensive control API, provides the perfect solution for Production, Post Production, and Transmission Control Multiviewing requirements.
Report- Achieving Low Latency in 100% Software IP for Live Production
Learn how fully software-based solution running on COTS hardware can help you take best advantage of SMTPE ST 2110 and your IP infrastructure. In this report you’ll find topics like: the characteristics of SMPTE ST 2110 that challenge COTS hardware, the three key challenges to implementing ST 2110 in software, the ways software solutions are overcoming these challenges
- Low Latency (Legacy Expectation = 1 frame of delay)
- Higher Quality Video (full frame rate, less scaling artifacts)
- UHD sources limit input density
- Integration with Tally and UMD system for On Air Tally and Names
- Dynamic source assignment - Requires integration with broadcast Controller / Orchestrator
- Mosaic Layouts are more dynamic and not grid based like in Delivery or Playout - need strong layout editor
- Editor ideally able to manage multi-display layout for a whole room as one canvas
- Lowest Latency of any 100% Software 100% COTS solution: <2fps
- UHD 4k compatible
- Very high input/output density
- Full integration with Tally and UMD system for On Air Tally and Names
- Dynamic source assignment with API integration to Broadcast Controller / Orchestrator
- simple and easy to use Layout editor
CONFIGURE YOUR SYSTEM
Try it your way
New TAG System Configurator