TRANSPORT AND DELIVERY
Content Transport and Delivery based on widespread and common digital distribution standards like the DVB and ATSC, has been around for more than two decades playing a key role in enabling and fueling the digital multi-channel Pay-TV industry, as well as content contribution within the broadcast ecosystem.
Satellite, Cable, and Terrestrial Pay-TV operators are using digital delivery methods to reach hundreds of millions of subscribers across the world, providing thousands of linear playout and live channels: news, sports, nature, comedy, drama, and many more. In parallel to the growing OTT Delivery market segment, traditional delivery is still the backbone and primary method for the delivery of linear content to Pay-TV subscribers.
Transport and Delivery applications are utilizing the comprehensive, rich, and mature standards based on MPEG-TS throughout its workflow and ecosystem to provide point to point content contribution, as well as one-to-many broadcasting solutions that are very efficient, bear low operating costs, and scale relatively easily in rural areas lacking high-speed Internet infrastructure – a must for the alternative OTT Delivery.
The MCM-9000 with its elaborated support capabilities of DVB and ATSC MPEG-TS streams provides a complete monitoring and Multiviewing solution for Transport and Delivery applications. It combines a full feature set of MPEG-TS analysis – including the DVB tables, ETR-101-290 specifications, Metadata like Subtitles & Closed Captions, Content Decryption, as well as Video/Audio Baseband Monitoring with probing/alarming and multiviewing for large screen displays and mobile devices.
Having the ability to monitor Live Production, Master Control, Playout, and OTT Delivery applications, all in one IP software solution, provides an attractive and cost-effective means to probe and monitor the whole ecosystem workflow of broadcasters and Pay-TV operators, engaged in the Transport and Delivery market segment.
Essential Guide: The Liberation Of Broadcast Technology
For many years broadcasters have been working with static systems that are difficult to change and upgrade. Although we have video and audio routing, the often-tangled mess of jackfield patch-cords is testament to how flexible broadcast systems really need to be to meet the demands of modern program making.
- Many signals and monitoring points (sources, internal processing, outputs) for a "Traditional" Multi-Viewer based monitoring solution
- Large number of revenue critical live 24/7 feeds
- Complex processing infrastructure (many moving parts) distributed infrastructure some of which may be third party
- Need to monitor in realtime multiple DVB/ATSC tables and other crucial elements of the broadcasted streams – automation is a must!
- Not only video + audio but other key components such as CC/Subtitles multiple audio languages & types, encryption, EPG etc.
- Realtime live multiviewing display for critical channels
- Need to catch and analyze once in a while instantaneous events and errors
- High density probing and multiviewing capability
- Can monitor 1000's of audio and video signals
- MPEG-TS with multiple decoding and resolutions - MPEG2, H.264, H.265, J2K, Zixi, SD, HD, UHD/4K
- Source TS error recording for analysis and troubleshooting
- Flexible licensing Zer0 Friction module for easy migration to OTT infrastructures – industry trend for Traditional Delivery platforms
- Robust API's for easy integration with NMS and EMS systems
- 100% Software all IP solution on 100% COTS (off the shelf hardware)